Thursday, October 25, 2007

Digging...? Eeks...


What do you think you will do if you subconciously dig your nose in a public place? And the moment you realize that someone is staring at you, what is your reaction?
1) Quickly act blur and rub your nose
2) Stop digging abruptly and look elsewhere
3) Walk away from the crime scene
4) Continue to dig your nose (*bo chup*)


Why do I have such thoughts? Well, is just that one mister has did this scene and creates an impression in my mind lar. One fine evening, I was taking mrt home from work. Is the usual squeezy scenario where you push me, i push you... selfish people standing infront of the doors and not moving into the train.
But anyway, this is not the point.... Then something caught the edge of my eye. This guy who is rather average looking, wearing a shirt and smart pants, with a smart causal working bag sling across his body. Please note! He is only an average looking guy, but why is he so 'attractive'??? Precisely! He is actually digging his dotty nosey with his 2nd finger from his right hand. And with the bo chup look on his face and with his eyes roll upwards. His chin tilted upwards to convience the digging movements, and the same time to ease the congested traffic in the dungeon. It like EEErkkkkss!!!! Wah lau, in the middle of the waiting platform of City Hall Interchange, this action is ABSOLUTELY NOT tolerable!!!! Please lar, dressed like a working class, so please behave like one. If you are 1 uncle with bald head and wearing the white single and short pants and the flipflop slippers, maybe I will just close 1 eye and shake my head in disapproval.

But this case, no way man! I can't help but practically staring at him straight to his face. Maybe people do have instinct, when they felt that they are being looked or being pressurized, their reflexes awakens, and brings them to the source. When this mister saw me looking at him openly, finally, he felt a bit embarrassed, and I thought he decided to stop doing that. For goodness' sake, he should have done that long ago. He should take care of his own image at least mah! (*Aiyo)
Just as I thought I was being spared from the agony of the digusting behaviour, BUT I was SOOOO wrong!! That mister decided to turn his back aganist (to prevent embarassement from me), and continue to happily dig his nose in another direction............


(...................................................................)


Yes, I was really speechless. What a weird behaviour, isn't it? My jaw almost dropped and at this point the train slowly moves away and the scene slowly faded too...
Why am I not gracious about seeing such actions? Why am I so disturbed by this scene?
I am actually troubled too... Maybe there is a certain expectation framework in my mind. I have already categorized certain group of ppl packaged in a certain way should behave in a expected way.

Maybe like what my "Uncle" says, having less expectations makes ur life easier, and there will not be so many sad incidents happen to you.
But I thought I am not a perfectionist, am I not?
Well, character forms in a most unexpected way, isn't it? When you thought you are not, but actually you are.

No comments: